Wednesday, September 10, 2008

READ MY LIPSTICK!

Normally I do not get into politics on my blog...even though I am a junkie. I know how I feel about things and that is what is important to me. I have known for some time who I will be supporting in this upcoming election based on my convictions and standards.
The events of the past few days have just really pushed me to say something.

I feel we are at a cross roads in America...due to a lot of factors...but in my opinion it is nothing that God does not have His hand in. If you go back in our history you will see that today's political season is no different from the rest. There is however one major factor...the media. I could say a lot of things on how I feel the media has treated some of the candidates, Republican and Democrat, while giving others complete passes and not holding them accountable. I have just excepted it as "well consider the source" type of attitude, but no longer. With Sen. McCain's choice of Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate we saw something beyond the point of disbelief! I just could not believe my ears and eyes...some were so terrible I found myself standing in front of my computer or tv and just shaking my head and frankly yelling at the reporters!
I'm sure most of you know what I am talking about..and I am sure some of you agree with the media's handling of Mrs. Palin....but I'm sorry, when they start smearing and dragging her(or anyone else's) children through the mud that crosses the line. Every family has trials and issues and her's is no different, they are human...it's how you handle these trials is whats important. I feel the Palin family is handling all the negativity with grace...I applaud them!

The personal attacks on Gov. Palin have been nothing short of pathetic...even though I understand she is fair game they are really pushing the envelope. But I will defend their right to say it.

I could go on and on about the things that have gone on and been said the past few days...but I won't....I will spare you...I pray these people will just stop and think before they trash the candidates children...especially minor children...maybe these people don't have kids or don't realize they have feelings too...(or they don't remember they were children once themselves)...

To quote Bett Middler "God IS watching us!"

Thanks for letting me vent just a little..

1 comment:

Heart's Desire Beading Company said...

Well said! I totally agree with you!