Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowflake Festival 2010

This past Saturday was a day to remember. My son, daughter in law, granddaughter and I all spent the day at the Jamestown(NY) Audubon Snowflake Festival. The day was perfect except for the windchill, which made it hard to have our toddler out for any length of time...but we kept dodging into the buildings to get warm. This was made for the kid in all of us. So many fun things to do for young and old. The festival is just one of many things the Audubon offers the public...it's one of my favorite places to go birding.
Here is just a peek of a few things we did.
Adriana and I checking out the Alpacas....they are just so cute!! (that is me in the middle in the blue coat holding the little lady)
This is Liberty, a non-releasable Bald Eagle that has a home at the Audubon...she really is a beauty!

This beautiful Snowy Owl is a female that can not be released. She is used for education.

We enjoyed our ride around the Audubon thanks to our wonderful "horsey" friends. I think this was Adriana's favorite part.

1 comment:

cindyzlogic said...

Ohhh...looks like you had a wonderful outing! It's always fun with Grandchildren! I really like the pic of the Snowy Owl, very pretty!