Friday, January 16, 2009

OLE MAN WINTER....



....Is a bit grumpy at the moment wouldn't you say? The -25 deg.(yes I said negative 25) clipper and lake effects remind me of when I was a kid and didn't know the technical terms for what was happening, all I knew was I had to stand out in the freezing awful cold in a dress because we couldn't wear pants then...and oh my gosh the thought of closing school was out of the question!
No I didn't have to walk 10 miles in the freezing cold with holes in my boots but dang riding a bus that wasn't heated was no fun either!

So as I sit in my nice warm house writing this post I think of those who are not as fortunate as we are. I pray they are finding safety from this cold.

But alas, this is January and it is suppose to be like this, at least in NW Pa...winter has a beauty all it's own and I urge you to just take a moment to find it. If you don't live where there is such frozen beauty I have posted a couple pics for you to enjoy. This is the view from my little corner of the world.

No comments: